Well this summer I took up one of my Father's loves, fly fishing. He was kind enough to give me a fly rod to practice with as we planned to go fishing together this summer. He sent me an instructional video by Joan Wulff as well. I spent about every night practicing my aerial casting in the backyard. Why I didn't go to a nearby lake and practice roll casting is beyond me, since that is what we were going to do.
Anyway I really enjoyed my time practicing and both the girls would come out and give it a shot as well. Both were naturals...much better than the old man at least.
Dad and I didn't catch many fish but sure enjoyed the time together and learning more about casting. I caught one bluegill. Dad caught a few including a nice catfish.
Well after that I was hooked. I spent the rest of the summer fly fishing. Luckily I have two nice lakes within about 5 minutes of the house. Mostly caught sunfish-green, pumkinseed, blue gill, crappie but did pull out a small mouth bass too.
The girls went with me quite a bit. They got their own rods but were bait casting. They didn't have a lot of luck but each caught one.
Enough with words. Lets get to the photos.
My First Pumpkinseed
My First Crappie
Really nice fish photos!
ReplyDelete