Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12 2010 - Housing Update








We have now been in our new home for about 8 months and after a full football season with little time to get many new projects either started or completed, I finally have some time to dedicate to the house.



The basement got measured for carpeting just yesterday and we have about 1200 sq ft to get covered. We bought the carpet from Lowe's and will have one of their contractors install. Still do not know when that will get completed but hope it is within the next month. We are all excited, especially the girls who have had to endure a concrete floor in their 'play' area.




While the girls are excited about getting carpeting in the basement. I am excited about installing some vinyl flooring in the garage. The garage was just too difficult to keep clean and we keep bringing in a bunch of dirt and water every time we come in the house. I am going to get channelled flooring that will go wall to wall. I can hardly wait.


Heidi also called to start getting bids on gutters for the house. It ended up about 40% less than what I anticipated. That is a positive. Now I can use that extra money for a snow blower for next winter. We barely made it through this year without one. The only reason we survived was due to our kindly natured neighbor who never hesitated to come clear our drive on heavy snow days.


I also painted my office, integrating some chocolate and orange stripes which compliment my walnut furniture and a few of the paintings that I had previously done (Amateur Philosophers and The Old Guitarist). Now I just need new curtains (hoping for a thick white and chocolate backing) and new overhead light fixture. My office will then be complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment